All About : Tube Axial Fan
- Jun 15, 2020
- Alfa Fans
Disclosing the secret of fresh air with Tube Axial Fan. The operating principle of the axial fan
is that the direction of air flow is parallel to the rotor shaft. The blades of the fans force air
linearly to the shaft. This creates a high flow rate, and helps to achieve a bigger volume of air
flow. In this operation, the air movements created are of lower pressure and generally require
lower power input for operation.
How do Tube Axial Fans Operate?
These tube axial fans are best suited for low air resistance and high flow usage conditions.
There is a wide variation of axial fans in industry depending on the final usage. The blades can
be forward curved, straight or backward curved. There is greater efficiency when the blades
are curved backwards than the forward curved blades, but it has also been recorded that the
forward oriented blades are better at self-cleaning than the backward oriented.
Features of Axial Fans
The most distinguishing component of the axial fan is the axial impeller with the number of
blades ranging from 2 to 20 depending on the design and performance requirements. This is
connected to a powerful drive motor, and these are assembled in a housing designed for parallel
flow of air through the fan.
These fans are highly energy efficient with the ability to generate greater air movement using
considerably less energy, and therefore high cost savings to users. When compared to other
types of fans, they are able to offer up to 40% savings on power usage
Factors Affecting Axial Fans Performance
Several design factors affect the performance of the axial fans and these include;
● Density or weight of air per unit volume
● Number of blades in the unit; this is the ratio of the sum of blade widths to the fan’s
● Shape of the blade. Be it straight, curved, forward or backward orientation. The blade shape
affects the air flow on and across the surface of the fan. The shape twists the air and affects the
velocity and air profile
The design of these industrial fans is essentially to create an air pressure alteration in the fan.
They are manufactured from aluminum alloys and non sparkling iron.
Alfa's Tube Axial Flow fan system uses blades (propellers) to generate airflow that is parallel
to the shaft through which the blades rotate. It's one of the best products designed by the
company for the industrial & commercial sectors.
Axial fans are used in process applications where space is at a premium. Air flows through fans
parallel to the shaft moving outward in the same direction it flowed inward. These fans are
used for creating a high volume of airflow in lower pressure applications.
Applications for Axial Flow Fans include:
● Paint spray booth exhaust.
● To exhaust dangerous fumes away from the operator.
● Welding fume exhaust in welding booths.
● Process cooling and exhaust of machinery and/or systems.
● Spot cooling of heat generating equipment such as generators or transformers.
● Proper ventilation using supply air and/or make-up air in factories, warehouses, foundries garages, laundries and transformer, engine or equipment rooms.
● People cooling in hot work areas.
● Exhausting heat and cooling of kilns, forges and in steel mills.
● Boosting airflow through long ductwork.
● Exhausting mist and vapor in paper mills or industrial parts washers prior to painting parts